Saturday, July 5, 2008

Crazy things about Uganda

July 2, 2008

Got nothing good to write about so here are the crazy things I have noticed in Uganda so far:

· I am pretty much alright with being absolutely filthy.

· Pop here is awesome, because it is in a glass bottle and they use real sugar in it instead of corn syrup.

· I have a month to go and I am already tired of eating posha (crappy starch), odii (sim-sim paste) and beans.

· I am all about latrines (enough said).

· Illinois’ geography sucks, It is amazing here

· Ugandan beer is pretty good. (dark beer mostly)

· Thank you for washing machines and just electricity (there is none in Atanga)

· We can learn a lot from Ugandan hospitality.

· Gas is expensive everywhere

· I have found two phenomenal soccer players here and I want to bring them back.

· Life is really easy at home, no human deserves to live this way.

· Acts of random kindness make the world a better place.

· I love a place where the only real sports are soccer and volleyball.

· I am coming back with a wicked farmers tan (take that Bostick)

· Being the only white guy for hundreds of miles in Atanga makes me the most known person for a couple hundred miles, Holla!!!

3 comments:

dad an deb said...

hey bud sounds like a very interestingplace .agood chance too learn about their people an culture .cant wait to talk about the whole experance an to see pics .miss u stay safe.hope u are enjoying the rice an beans

Chuck said...

Be a good guest. You're only there for a short time, so leave a great impression.
Life is a Journey,
Enjoy the ride.
- Nissan Ad back in the 1990's

Unknown said...

sounds like your having a great time and learning a lot!!!.... i am very jealous ha ha ha.