Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dubai is awesome

Pictures to come. I made it to Dubai and the flight was crazy. Took Emirates Airlines and it was about twelve hours to Dubai. There was a t.v. for each seat and watched some family guy and national treasure 2. I met the group. Different people from all over the country but all really laid back and cool. We got to Dubai and went out right away to the mall of the Emirates. I went snowboarding in the middle of the desert at the indoor snowboard park. I have pictures, it is crazy hilarious. I talked about that place so much with the kids and I got to do it. It was pretty cool. Right now, just sitting in the airport waiting to fly to Entebbe and get to Uganda. This is all so exciting and a whirlwind. Have not slept yet really but i have so much energy. Dubai is really westernized, as they continue to build 30% of all the cranes in the world are in Dubai and you can tell as they just keep building. Saw the Burj al Arab hotel where Tiger Woods drove balls off the helipad. This is all so surreal but great. I will post the pictures soon and get into it all more when I get to Uganda but just wanting to get one in on the run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! I'm useless as a sister, I thought you weren't leaving until next week! I'm so glad your having fun. I'm proud of you and I love you! I'll see you when you get back!

Pankuch said...

I watched a history channel special on the indoor ski hill. Now I can say I know someone who has snowboarded there!

Glad our Warriors are traveling all over! Make us proud...and find a way we can help!